Thursday, March 7, 2013

Apple Salad

I have a new obsession!

Since my cleanse, I've been eating apples like no tomorrow.  Seriously, I cannot get enough of them in any form:  apple chips, dried apple, fresh.  I want apples!

My breakfasts the past couple of weeks has been an apple or two chopped up with a dollop of Greek yogurt sprinkled with a little cinnamon.  Totally delicious.  The other day while I was eating my breakfast, I started craving something else.  I wanted this apple salad, but had no idea what I wanted to put in it.  I went to the store and bought a few things and came home and put it all together.

This is what I came up with:

4 small Gala apples -- cored and chopped
1 small can of crushed pineapple with juice
1/4 C of shredded coconut
1/4 C of orange juice

Dump everything in a bowl and stir.  Refrigerate until cold and eat.  You may have to add a little extra OJ to your serving since the apples or coconut soak it all up.   I made a batch of it and it served me for 4 breakfasts this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment