Thursday, December 6, 2012

Money Overview

We are approaching the end of the year.  For the past couple of months, I watched my budget swirl down into a dark oblivion.  I'm afraid this month is no different. The crap of it is that I had a budget for the holidays.  I tore through that and then some.  After all is said and done, I'd say I overspent by a couple of hundred dollars.  Not bad, but I also overspent on eating out and even grocery shopping this month.   I haven't finished working the numbers yet, but it looks like I will not be putting anything into savings from today's paycheck.  I'm okay with it.  I was hoping to have $15K by the end of March, after transferring $5K into my IRA.  I'll be able to max out my IRA, but not sure if I'll be left with $15K.  I'm okay with that.  I'll have to be. 

B is going out today and I plan on crunching the numbers today in peace.  The damage may not be as bad I think it is, but either way I'm prepared for it and grateful that I am able to take this small bump in savings in stride.  After all, I still have $$ to pay all my bills and feed (stuff) myself and B.  All of my needs are taken care of and to be honest, quite a few of my wants.  I really shouldn't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment