Friday, September 30, 2011

September Round Up

I really slacked with my blogging this month!! I'll be better in October!

Well, I did reign in on my spending. Rather, I think I did; I haven't looked at my checkbook yet. So far, I'm pretty much on budget, which is great! I do have a wedding to go to tomorrow and it is somewhat unexpected. Since I only had like a week and a half notice, I did not budget for the gift. I might minus that from my savings for this month, although I really want to get back on track with that!

I did receive a small bonus yesterday. So, that will definitely help with the savings. I'll add everything up this weekend and post exactly how much I have in liquid savings.

On the cooking front, we did .... decent. I did cook a bunch and kept our eating out at a minimum, but we did still eat out. All this week, I cooked and even planned ahead for breakfast! I made two batches of buttermilk biscuits and ate them in the mornings with jam and some with turkey bacon. Delicious and really easy to make. This weekend, I'll be making fruit and oats bars for the mornings.

I also had a bit of frustration towards B. I go through my phases and this month I had reached my limit. Sometimes I get so tired of doing it all on my own. He's doing a bunch of stuff now, so I understand he doesn't always have time to help. But when I'm baking, cooking, and cleaning after a long workday and he can't do even a little to help drives me insane!

Last week, he changed his diet again. I planned for it and then BAM! yesterday, he changed it again! He doesn't seem to understand I don't just plan a menu for the week.

My weekly menu plan has to have all of these components:
1. Ease
2. Fits in budget
3. Transports well
4. Heats well
5. Enjoyable
6. Reflect weekly store sales and ads
7. Some ingredients already on hand or have something in fridge/pantry to use up

And to top it off, he'll change his diet and then change it back lickity split! Anyway, I'll post how it all goes down as it progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment