Friday, February 1, 2013

Master Cleanse -- Day One

Last night, I made a healthy dinner of salmon and grilled asparagus.  The portions were adequate and I was satiated.  Around 8:30, I started looking around the kitchen for a one last hurray snack.  I was at B's place and therefore my options were limited.  B suggested if I wanted to order a pizza.  I knew I shouldn't, but I couldn't resist.  So we ate pizza at 10:30 at night and it was wonderful!  I did not drink the laxative tea that night, but opted for two herbal laxative pills instead. 

This morning I woke up and after a few seconds I remembered that I am no officially off solid foods for at least 8 days.  I don't eat too much in the mornings anyway so I didn't wake up hungry.  Once I arrived at work, I made myself a laxative tea. It tastes good!  It takes like black tea.  I had to double check to make sure the tea didn't have caffeine.

Now it is almost 11:30 in the morning and I already had one cup of my lemonade.  I'm hungry.  I've brought about five servings of my lemonade with me along with peppermint tea.  I think I'll be fine.

I also opted to put only half of the maple syrup than the recipe calls for.  I'm allowed to put as little has half a tablespoon per serving.  I have started with one tablespoon, hopefully I'll decrease that as times go on.  I'm not a huge fan of pure maple syrup.

During busy days, I've gone a day without food.  That is totally different than refraining from eating!  I was fine while at work, but as soon as I got home I was insatiable!  I did not cheat, I was home alone on a Friday night and all I could think about was food.  Although I was hungry, I wasn't famished.  It was the cravings that tore me apart.  I ended Day One with another cup of lemonade (6 cups total) and a laxative tea.  

No comments:

Post a Comment