Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hello!  This is my first blog post EVER! 

I have loved to cook for as long as I can remember!  One of my earliest memories is me pestering my mom in the kitchen to give me various tasks to do.   Of course, she would give me the tasks low on the totem pole (ex: wash dishes, take out the trash....).  I started chopping vegetables at a very young age, approximately 6 years old. 

At that same age, I had taken over the task of making my dad his after-work tea.  This was much more than hot water and a tea bag.  It required boiling water on a stove with sugar, adding loose tea power when the water came to a boil, and letting it simmer for several minutes, and then allowing the tea to steep for a few minutes longer.  On cold days, I would add freshly grated ginger to the mix.  This entire tea would then be strained through a sieve into a mug.  Yes, I did this all at six years old.  My dad would pay me $2 at the end of each week!

Now, I'm older (much!), I still love to cool and try  new recipes.  I grew up in an ethnic household, so the common family food such as meatloaf and and casseroles are very new to me.  I was in my 30's before I had my first meatloaf!

I cook most days for myself and my boyfriend of nine years, B.  He is very supportive of my love of cooking, although sometimes he does think I take it too far (I do sometimes!).  B is also my guinea pig.  He will honestly tell me if he hates, likes, or loves the meal.  When he asks me to make it again, I know it was a success!

I will post various recipes on this blog.  Some of them will be success meals and others I will warn you guys to stay away from!

I'm very new to this blogging thing, so I will try to upload photos when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment