Friday, December 23, 2011

Chicken Pillows

I've barely cooked the past couple of weeks. I still make menu plans and I go shopping, but I just haven't cooked much. It's gotten to the point where I have no idea WHERE to go for dinner because I'm all burnt out on the food in the neighborhood. Yesterday, I decided no matter how much I may not want to, I was going to cook.

I made chicken pillows and although very easy, they are very delicious!

1 8oz. of cream cheese -- softened (I used non fat)
1 large cooked boneless skinless chicken breast -- diced (I poached my chicken)
1 seeded jalapeno -- chopped
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tube of crescent rolls
2 Tbsp. butter -- melted
salt and pepper to taste

In a bowl, stir the cream cheese, jalapeno, cooked chicken, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly. Roll out the crescent rolls. The one I used made eight rolls (this will make 4 squares). Seal the seams of two triangles to create a square. Make sure they are sealed well so the mixture won't leak out. Add a few tablespoons of chicken mixture to the center of each square. Fold up the corners so it creates a purse. The mixture should be totally enclosed in the dough. Placed on a cookie sheet. Brush the top of each pillow with a bit of butter and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.

I served this with a gravy made with cream of chicken soup and a gravy packet. Sounds gross, but it is delicious!

Just dump a can of cream of chicken soup (I used fat free) into a pot and then dump in a packet of gravy mix. Add about 3/4 of a soup can of water. Whisk until all combined and smooth and warm through.

Pour the gravy on the hot pillows and enjoy! Really good and really easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment