Monday, April 16, 2012

Cauliflower Soup

I've made it clear I cannot stand cauliflower. I don't like the texture, the color, or the look of it. I never have. In my quest to eat more veggies, I decided to put aside my bias and give it another try. I realized as long as the soup is pureed, I didn't think twice about eating it. It is simply delicious!

1 Large head of cauliflower -- chopped
1 small onion -- diced
1 clove garlic -- minced
4 C water -- or the amount it takes to barely cover the cauliflower in the pot
1 tsp olive oil
2 green onions -- sliced
dash of crushed red pepper
salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot heat the olive oil and add the garlic and onions (not the green onions). Cook until onions are soft. Add chopped cauliflower. Cook for a couple of minutes. Add enough water to barely cover the cauliflower. I had some pieces still sticking out of the water. Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Then cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until the cauliflower is tender. Using an immersion blender blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings. Stir in sliced green onions. Serve!

There is a tiny amount of fat in the entire pot and it is so hearty and tasty! I have about a bowl or two left in the fridge. I'm going to eat some when I get home. At like 50 calories a bowl, it's a delicious snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment