Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Universe is Playing Tricks on Me

Remember how I said that I would not eat out in the month of October?  Remember how I posted a few times how I f'ed that up and we're starting fresh?  Well, let's scratch this altogether now.

This challenge was chosen for a month that was absolutely crazy.  My job is kicking my butt right now.  All I want to do is go home and eat large amounts of comfort food (NOT always made at home.  Yesterday's large pizza speaks for itself) and shop online.  Yes, shop.  As in, spend money. 

I have placed several items in my online shopping carts waiting for me to hit "checkout".  I've refrained from doing that for now, but I don't know how long I can keep that up.

I've said it a million times.  I save a large percentage of my paycheck every month.  I live on a tight budget on purpose.  For the past several months, I have NOT been hitting my monthly savings goal.  Some of  the reasons were purchases out of necessity, some were wants, and others were just  being reckless.  I still pay off my credit cards in full each month and I will still max out my IRA by the end of this year.

My liquid savings currently stands at a little over $16,000.  My IRAs total up to something like $22.6K.  I have to pay my registration to the tune of $200 next week.  I will get my carpets cleaned for which I have budgeted $200.  So even with all of that, I will still hopefully  just hit $18K by the end of this year.  I've already have put approximately $550 aside for holiday shopping, so that is taken care of.

I go these periods every now and then.  I'll save like crazy only to lose complete control and wonder how I was ever able to live on such a budget for so long.  I've decided just to live and put my ass in gear next month.  Of course, I've been saying this for months now, but I really mean it now.  I'll track my spending very closely in November and see how well I do.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment