Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Diet Check In

I've been kind of successful in my new diet.  I have not adhered solely to the diet of greens, fruits, low fat dairy, and whole grains.  I am totally better about what I put in my mouth, but I am not perfect.  That's okay.

For the past few days, my breakfast has consisted of a shake made from unsweetened almond milk, a scoop of protein powder, and a bunch of frozen berries.  Does it taste like Jamba Juice?  No, but I'm okay with it.  Lunch has been a small portion of something I made earlier in the week.  This week it is a bit of rigatoni and a few turkey meatballs.  Dinner has been more or less grazing.  This is where I struggle.  I come home from work and although not really hungry, I start snacking.  For example, yesterday I had a small frozen pizza, a handful of corn chips, and then a several spoonfuls of ice cream.  I didn't eat anything for the rest of the evening, but what I did put in my mouth was a bit excessive.

B is living on mostly fruits and salads.  Good for him.  We both eat "regular" food on the weekends.  I made a pot of pasta with meatballs on Saturday.  I've been eating the leftovers for lunch.  Just a tiny portion of what I used to eat, but it is still real food.  Last week, I had mostly salads.  I haven't noticed much in weight loss, so I'm obviously not doing something right, but I'll figure it out.

Tonight I think I'll make an open faced egg sandwich on homemade bread.  One egg, one slice of bread.  That should hold me for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment