Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Still Hanging In There

B is still sticking to his diet of salads and fruits during the week.  He is eating light during the week and eats whatever he wants in moderation on the weekends.  I've been following suite more or less.  I also have been eating fruit or a shake for breakfast along with a salad for lunch.  Dinner time is where I struggle.  Although I do not over indulge, I do eat more than I should.  I keep my calorie count fairly low throughout the day and then just basically blow it in the evenings.  The good news is that I do not eat after 8 pm. 

This week, I've been eating my apple salad for breakfast and my lunch consists of either Greek or a caprese salad.  I might have one small piece of chocolate sometime in the afternoon.  When I get home, I'll eat maybe two eggs with toast or the other day I seared three scallops and served it with a small portion of pasta and a "cream" sauce (made with skim milk).  Healthy?  Not really, but better than what I was eating.  Tonight I'll have a portabella mushroom pizza (no crust).  Basically I'll top a portabella cap with a little tomato sauce and a bit of cheese and broil until cheese is bubbly.

B has lost almost 20 pounds and I have just seemingly maintained my past weight loss.  I know I'll have to cut my treats and really watch my portions and food intake to match B's accomplishments.  B says he sees my body changing for the better, but the scale is not moving too much.  I might have to give it an extra push.

No comments:

Post a Comment