Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Broken Record

I have not been hitting my savings goals the past several months.  I am saving, but not as much as I normally do or should.  Part of me wants to buckle down and get serious  and the other part wants me to loosen  my budget.  By allocating more funds into the various monthly categories will have me not save as much every month.  I'm pretty hesitant to do that, but that may be the best.  I spend too much during the month and then I end up charging some stuff (not a lot).  Since I pay off the cards in full every month, I'll not put the allocated funds into my savings so I'll be able pay off my cards. It is a vicious cycle; one that I need to seriously get a hold of.

My numbers still look okay, but not as good as I'd like for them to.  We're having the same problem as usual.  We eat out way too much.  We eat in during the week, but lately starting Friday all the way to Sunday, we eat out.  No bueno.

I mentioned this to B the other day and we both agreed to make a conscious decision not to eat out as much anymore.  Instead of the 3-4 times a week, we'll keep it at once a week.  I think that is totally manageable.

In the meantime, of course, this means I won't hit my savings goals again this month.  Unfortunately, I find myself saying that way too often.  If I am unable to hit my savings goals in May, then I will seriously look into modifying my monthly budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment