Thursday, May 17, 2012

Creamy Bean Burritos

I have my standard easy way of making bean burritos.  It was good and tasty, but this is different!!  This also comes together quickly so it is perfect for those weekday meals.  I made them twice in a row and B has even eaten them for breakfast!

6 Burrito Size Tortillas
1 can refried beans (I used vegetarian refried black beans)
1 jalapeno -- seeded and minced
1 small onion -- chopped
1/2 bell pepper -- chopped
1/3 of a block of cream cheese
Salsa to taste

Sautee onions, jalapeno, and peppers until somewhat soft.  Add the refried beans and stir until the mixture comes together.  Add cream cheese and stir until it warms up and the cheese melts.  At times, I've added a tablespoon of water or so.  Add salsa.  Heat through.

Place 1/6 of the mixture in each warmed tortilla and wrap up.  Eat up!

I've also added some leftover rice and chicken and it is delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment