Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Chicken Stroganoff

                                                                    Photo Courtesy of Squidoo.com



This is a very easy version of the real thing.  It is very tasty, although it looks pretty horrible.  I always add some scallions or parsley on top to help with the aesthetics, but it still very good.

2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I poached mine)
1 can of Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Chicken
1 envelope of onion soup mix
1 cup of sour cream
crushed red pepper
3/4 pound of fusilli

Okay, I am totally aware that this is not a very healthy recipe.  I also know that is mostly processed foods, but if you are looking for something quick and tasty, this is it.  I've used the lower fat versions of the above ingredients with no taste difference.  Of course, you'd want to serve this with a healthy side dish to help with the nutrition intake. I did this with roasted broccoli.

Cook pasta according to the package directions.

In a large skillet, add the soup and onion soup mix.  Stir until warmed through.  If the mixture is too thick, add a little milk to it.  Stir in red pepper flakes.  Continue to cook until it is HOT, stirring occasionally, so it doesn't burn.  Once pasta has finished cooking, stir in sour cream and cooked chicken.  Warm through. Add cooked and drained pasta and mix well.  You're done.  Like I said, it looks really unappetizing, but I found myself  licking the pan once I transferred the pasta to another container.  Add something green on top.  It helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment