Friday, April 1, 2011

Bean and Cheese Burritos

I finally ate these last night!  They were really yummy, so yummy I had a mini one for breakfast today.  Who am I kidding?  I had a full sized one.

2 cans of beans -- drained and rinsed (I used one can of black and one of pinto.  It's what I had in the house)
1 tsp of olive oil
1 clove of garlic -- minced
1 small onion -- chopped finely
2 tsp of chili powder
1 tsp of ground cumin
dash of cayenne pepper
Salt and Pepper
Water to thin the beans
Flour tortillas


In a skillet, warm the oil and add the chili powder, cumin, garlic, and cayenne.  Stir around until you can really smell the spice.  Stir in well drained beans and warm through.  Add about 1/4 C of water and simmer for ten minutes.  Mash the beans with a fork or spoon and simmer.  If the mixture gets too dry, add some water.  Once the beans are heated and the mixture has thickened, add the onions.  Stir around for a minute. 

Spoon some of mixture in the middle of a warmed tortilla.  Add some shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and/or salsa and sour cream.  Fold burrito-style and enjoy!

This really is good.  I'm sorry it took me forever to make it as it comes together so fast too!  I have more filling in the fridge and I'll probably have them again for dinner....or a snack! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment