Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Face it, the only reason to go to RL is for the biscuits. I don't have one near me and also I really don't like the restaurant either.  I now make the biscuits at home.  They are so simple, I wonder why I never made them before!

2 1/2 C of Bisquick
4 Tbsp of cold butter -- cut in pieces
3/4 C of whole milk
1 C of sharp cheddar cheese -- shredded
1/2 tsp of garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt


2 Tbsp of butter
1 tsp of dried parsley
1/4 tsp garlic powder
pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix the Bisquick and cold butter. With your hands, kind of mush the butter into the flour mix.  Stop when the butter looks like peas in the flour.  Add the milk, garlic powder, salt, and cheese.  Mix until combined.

Drop the dough onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 17 minutes or until golden brown on top.

In the meantime, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter, parsley, garlic powder, and salt in a bowl.  Once the biscuits come out of the oven, brush the melted butter on top of each biscuit.  Really don't skimp here.  Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment