Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ridiculously Easy Bean and Cheese Burritos

I made these last night and they were a hit! I made them a couple of weeks ago and although the taste was great, the texture was off. This girl likes her crunch and the burritos just didn't have any. When I made them last night, I added raw onions and jalapenos right before baking. It made such a difference in taste and texture!

1 can refried black beans (I got mine from Trader Joe's)
4 Burrito size flour tortillas
1 onion -- chopped
Shredded cheese -- I used sharp cheddar
1 fresh jalapeno -- seeded and chopped
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cayenne pepper
Salt to taste
Olive Oil
Water as needed

Heat a tiny bit of oil in a skillet. Add the refried beans and warm them up. They loosen up when they start getting warm. If the beans are still too thick, add a bit of water until the desired consistency. I did have to add about three tablespoons of water. Add spices and cook until hot.

Place some of the mixture in the middle of a tortilla. Add some raw onions and jalapenos. Sprinkle with cheese. Roll up burrito style and brush lightly with oil. Lightly sprinkle burritos with salt and bake in a 350 oven for 25 minutes.

That's it! B ate three of them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment