Monday, November 7, 2011

Spending Like Crazy

Well, I'm still struggling with spending. I need to find that happy medium where I don't feel deprived of anything and still be able to put the maximum amount in my savings. I've done it before and I can do it again.

This Thursday is payday and after a quick summary of the upcoming bills, I've realized that I will have to put $100 less in my savings to cover everything and give myself a bit of a cushion. I know, it's not much, but it pains me nonetheless.

I guess, I'm being hard on myself because all of my unexpected spending could be prevented. About 98% of all of this spending is on eating out. That is inexcusable and yet I find myself with this same issue time and time again.

I currently have $11,461 in liquid savings. At the end of March, I take $5K and put it into an IRA. My goal is always to have at least $10K after that deduction and it looks like I will have it. That's a good thing.

I'm a spender by nature and in recent years have forced myself to become a saver. Whenever I allow myself some flexibility, my true self comes out and it is harder and harder to reign myself in and become the person I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment