Monday, April 30, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I don't bake as often as I used to.  But lately, B has been into his favorite oatmeal raisin cookies.  In my effort to stop eating processed foods, I decided to bake a batch of his favorite cookies.  This is by no means healthy, but it is delicious.

2 C flour
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
2 Sticks butter -- softened
3 C oats
1 1/2 C raisins
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs

Mix all the dry ingredients (not the oats or raisins) together in one bowl.  In another large bowl cream the butter with both sugars and vanilla.  Mix until smooth and creamy.  Add one egg at a time mixing between each egg.  Add the dry ingredients along with the butter mixture.  Mix until all incorporated.  Stir in oats and raisins and mix well.

Drop the cookie dough a couple tablespoons at at time on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake approximately 14 minutes (it took 19 minutes in my oven). 

No comments:

Post a Comment