Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spicy Meatballs

I love meatballs!  I'm somewhat new to making them, though.  Sure, I've made some that sunk like the Titanic and others that were tasty, but fell apart.  I think I finally have a good recipe.  I've made these numerous times and don't even measure any of the ingredients.

1 pound ground beef or turkey
1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbls breadcrumbs (I use whatever I have on hand. Yesterday, I used panko)
2 tsp dried basil
1 clove finely chopped garlic
Salt and Pepper
1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper


Mix everything together by hand until just combined.  Don't mix too much otherwise the meatballs will become dense.  Make into balls. Do whatever size you like.  You can either bake them or brown them on the stove.  If you bake them, put them in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  Last night, I did mine on the stove.  I browned them, removed them from the pan, drained the pan and made the marinara sauce.  The meatballs were still somewhat raw, I just wanted the slight crunch on the outside.  Once the marinara started to come together, I added the meatballs back in and simmered for another 20-30 minutes until done. 

I've made this many times and it is fool proof!

No comments:

Post a Comment