Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bomb!

I watch Glee. I LOVE Glee. On Tuesdays, I try to make something quick and easy so I'll be all done in the kitchen in time for me to watch my show. Yesterday, I decided to do a short cut of teriyaki chicken. I have made my own sauce and although it is very easy, I thought I'd take the even easier route and use the store bought bottle variety. BOMB! Whenever I use store bought foods, I always doctor it up a little. So yesterday, I added fresh garlic and ginger, a drizzle of honey, and a little cornstarch to thicken it up and sesame seeds and scallions on top. It looked great! B took a bite and said it tasted just like the restaurant kind. I was elated. He took another bite and winced. He said it was too salty. Now, this is the guy that will put extra salt on just about everything. He likes his food salty, so when he said that this was too salty, I couldn't believe it. I tasted it (about 20 minutes after I cooked it) and I puckered! OMG! It tasted like brine!

It proves sometimes a short cut is not always the best idea. As a result, I had to buy lunch out today. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment