Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Black Bean Soup

Disclaimer:  I suck at taking photos.  I know this picture is off center and lopsided, but like I said I could never take a good photo.

Yesterday I made black bean soup and it was a hit!  I used a crockpot and loved how dinner was like 99% ready when I got home.

The recipe is:

3 cans black beans -- drained
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can corn -- drained
2 cups water
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne powder
1/4 link of a smoked turkey sausage -- chopped
salt and pepper to taste

I dumped everything in the crockpot in the morning minus the sausage.  I set it on low and let it cook for approximately 10 hours.  I came home and used an immersion blender and pureed the whole thing smooth.  I left it in the crockpot, while I lightly sauteed the turkey sausage.  I added that to the batch and let it cook for another 30 minutes.  The end result was so good and good for you!  It was creamy and the sausage added just enough smokiness.  I'll definitely be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment